Senior Backend Programmer
Aquiris is looking for a Backend programmer to join the Porto Alegre team. You will work on the backend technology on the Looney Tunes World of Mayhem game. You will be a crucial member of our engineering team and will help with designing, building, and maintaining systems necessary to allow millions of users to play the game concurrently. You love scaling large systems, automating AWS, designing RESTful APIs, and keeping response times low (sub-100ms). We love engineers who are strong in Java, C#, Python, Google Go, have experience building on AWS, and know their way around its services.
- Design, architect and implement high-traffic, large-scale web APIs
- Build infrastructure on top of AWS services: DynamoDB, Cloudformation, RDS, Redis, SQS, Route 53
- Automate every point of the backend processes
- BSCS or equivalent working experience, plus a minimum of 3 years working in software development, or similar engineering environment.
- Strong experience developing data-driven web applications in Java or C#
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and software development principles
- Strong understanding of web-based architecture (web servers, load balancing, caching, databases, replication, etc.)
- Experience working with RESTful frameworks.
- Experience working with large amounts of data using SQL and NoSQL (Redis, DynamoDB) databases
- Experience working with version control (Git)
- Outstanding problem-solving capabilities, analytical and critical thinking, excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experiences that count as a major plus:
- Cloud development/deployment/management (preferable AWS)
- Experience scaling and monitoring systems on AWS
- Experience working with systems engineering
- Experience doing full stack development
- Experience automating systems orchestration with Ansible and/or CloudFormation, or similar technology.
- Familiarity with working on large-scale, high volume applications
- DevOps Tools (Chef, Vagrant, Docker)